Sunday, November 13, 2011

In Preparation...

So I got up this morning at an ungodly hour and actually tried putting in an hour or so of working on my cutwork. It worked for about roughly 45 minutes after which I was yawning so much that I could barely see in front of me let alone what I was cutting on my glass table. 
Anyhoo... I did manage to cut quite a few pieces.  While the morning stint was short and further cut short by need to visit my mother's place down the street. I meant to work at her place as well as I have a bigger glass piece that is a more conducive workspace. However, once I got there I got busy making lunch and by the time we were done, they were showing "Taare Zameen Par" on TV, so ended up procrastinating for the next couple of hours. 


The hubby and I ended up ordering in from Margherita and it bought me an entire evening of cutting time and thus I made up for my slacking off all afternoon. 


In the morning session, I cut mostly gold and peacock blue
Check out this fallen flower below




I also cut another design I like to call Esperanza, also on Peacock blue satin,




In the evening I worked on the following design in brown satin which I hope to place on copper gold or beige satin to create runners or table place mats.






At the end of the night I actually managed to find time to update pics on my new facebook page for Zaffran Jhola.  You folks need to check it out and post on the wall. I am trying to keep a more comprehensive album of my cutwork designs. Feel free to join the group for Zaffran Jhola as well.
ok it's late and I actually need some sleep if I want to get through another day of cutting out satin tomorrow.
Ciao bella

1 comment:

  1. Hi ,Just found your blog . I have never seen that kind of hand work before it is so lovely I'm doing the CQ. stitch blocks
    .Laura
    come by visit.

    ReplyDelete